- Canoe rides through the salt marshes
- Nature walks
- Cycle paths
- Horseback riding
- Historical visits – old Roman Church, Raire Windmill and museum
- Arts and crafts boutiques / workshops (potters, glass blower, ceramics, jewellery, wood turner)
- Petting farm for children
- Night markets (July/August)
Saint Jean de Monts
On the beach is a kiddies club featuring trampolines and a variety of bouncy castles, and walking, cycling & rollerskating paths stretch from one end of the beach to the other.
Saint Jean de Monts is also home to a spectacular golf course, positioned between the preseved pine forests and the beach, as well as a health spa, beach front casino, bars, restaurants and night clubs.
A twice weekly market attracts tourists and locals alike with its large variety of local produce, gifts and trinkets.
A large twice weekly market also takes place in the town centre and there are two hypermarkets for all your shopping needs. During the months of July/August, be sure not to miss the fair “Autrefois Challans” and old time fair throughout the town.
Car trip to Island of Noirmoutier (20 minutes from Sallertaine) – Large waterpark, theme park, beaches, restaurants.
Puy du fou
A ‘must see’ !